Hong Kong’s deadliest fire in decades

The death toll from a high-rise fire in Hong Kong has risen to at least 44, officials said on Thursday, as the blaze still smouldered and hundreds remained missing. Police said three suspects had been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

Working through the night, firefighters were struggling to reach the upper floors of the Wang Fuk Court housing complex, due to the intense heat and thick smoke from the fire that erupted on Wednesday afternoon.

Wang Fuk Court, with 2,000 apartments in eight blocks, is one of many high-rise housing complexes in Hong Kong, one of the most densely populated areas in the world.

Read more: https://bit.ly/43NX3cM

Related posts

Leave a Comment